Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone! It seems we get so busy in the days before getting ready for it, that it's suddenly over before you know it. Our "Duggar-esque" get-together went very well. I can't say it feels as well physically now. I think I may have developed a bit of bronchitis from all the smokers that were there. I thought you could only get it from a virus 'til I looked it up. The restaurant we had it in did have a bar, but I wasn't expecting to feel like I was really in one! None of the 23 from Colorado smoke, but Many others from here do. I've never been around so many of them at once. I'm just glad, so far, Ava is not coughing. Maybe I wasn't as lucky because I was right at their height, and that made it feel like I was just puffing away with them at times. Unfortunately, it even affected eating, just couldn't enjoy it as much with all the smoke smell. Hopefully I'll get it cleared out soon.

Anyway, enough of my personal health update. We ended up with plenty of food, even with the around 40 people. I had no idea the Colorado folks were bringing food too! I don't know how they fit it all in the rv's with everyone! We probably would have still had more than enough, but what a blessing! The things they brought were a little less than traditional, but were all very very good. I may have to get a few of the recipes. We all exchanged email and home addresses so we can keep in touch better. We are thinking about going out there to visit in the spring.

Ava thoroughly enjoyed aaalll the kids that were there. At least 4 of the 12 or so were right at her age. They all wanted to keep running outside to play, but with the wind, it was quite cold. And would you believe I forgot my camera! I had extra batteries in my purse, but forgot to stick the camera in there. It was sitting not far from where I had my purse, just got in too big of a hurry.

My poor mother-in-law wore herself out of course. I hope it won't affect her health too much. They'd probably admit her if they saw the amount of swelling she probably has right now. But I know she enjoyed seeing everyone. I know she doesn't have too many more Thanksgivings with us here. Unfortunately, she was one of the ones puffing away. I wish so much that she could quit. I know she feels it's just too late to try, but she could only feel better after getting through the withdrawal.
Well, I'm wore out too. Before my eyes start crossing, I will just say I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and good luck in the stores tomorrow! I doubt I'll be there, or at least not too early!;)

0 comments: