Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quick, What's My Motivation?!

Diet #1 million, take one! (that little graphic is supposed to be animated, oh well)


Ok, first of all, my computer is about to drive me to the edge. It's been having problems off and on for a while now. I will be so glad when my computer geek husband finally decides to fix it. It's like what they say about doctors making the worst patients, computer people are the worst with their own (or own family's) computers.

Aaaaanyway, let me move on while it's working, for now. I just started another diet yesterday. I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I've got to figure out how to get some real walking in though. It is just too hot here to do much. I'd either have to get up at 5 or go after like 10 at night. I may have to figure out something to do inside, I have always wanted a spin bike. A friend of ours is getting rid of their elliptical thing, but I'm afraid if it's too hard I won't stick with it. Or I could just stick a picture of me from about seven years ago on the fridge. It was around then that I lost 50 lbs on my own. It really didn't take that long either, but then trying to win this certain guy helped that along (rolling eyes). Not hubby...that was just before him.

I started ballooning out in high school, and just kept going til around 180. The lowest I got to was 127. I was pretty impressed too. I don't remember exercising much, I just didn't have much of an appetite. Now, of course, I don't have that particular motivation and being 30 now doesn't help either. But, I'm pretty motivated...I think. I'm definitely working on it. I have never been able to get rid of that last 10 lbs after having Ava. Luckily, with her coming so early, I didn't gain as much as I probably would have (like to my high school weight). I have worked on it off and on, but I'm determined to get rid of that plus more now. I would love to get to my goal weight, which I didn't even do when I lost the 50. For my height, I should really be in the one-teens. I know to just set my goals for a reasonable amount at a time. It's just I know my metabolism and my will-power are not where they used to be. I don't have the best genes for it either.

Kevin has just started on his own quest too. He's doing weight watchers again. He's done body for life before also. He lost the most with that, but that is a hard one to stick to. He has actually considered the lap-band thing before. I know I would rather him do that than the gastric bypass for sure. I wish I could get the band, but I guess I'll just be thankful I wouldn't be a candidate for that. I'm kinda doing weight watchers too. I'm trying to convince him we need to go to the meetings. They have one place here. It's at a gym, maybe that's what I should do for exercise. Or maybe I should start by getting up from here!
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your diet! We are staying with mom right now until we buy a house and I just taped a lot of shows on the fitness channel. That was the first step, now I just need to make myself do them!!

Julie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am glad to meet you. Thank you for your sweet comments.

Julie

Andrea said...

Good luck with your new diet! Ava is adorable by the way...I was watching your little slideshow of her at the top of your blog! ;) How old is she?