Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!

This is our birthday cake Ava and I made (excuse the messy toaster oven). It tasted a lot better than it looks (I let Ava do her usual poking around before I thought to take a picture). The red velvet (as apparent from the crumbs showing through) and cream cheese icing were really good. The most fun was the toasted coconut for the hay in the middle. The writing gel didn't do as well as it usually does, hence the blobby stars of david on the sides.

Ava told us she loved aaalll her presents. We went a little overboard this year since we couldn't do much last year. Not that that's the point of the season, nor does she know the difference. But nevertheless, let's just say her birthday not being too far off, she won't be receiving as big a load. We stayed in our jammies all day, just the three of us. So it was nice and low-key. We normally like to leave the big gatherings to Thanksgiving, so Ava can stay home and not have to leave her playing. We will, however, go see mawmaw Jennings Saturday and then my momma's Monday. So Ava will be excited to open even more stuff. I really need to go through her toys again and make another donate bag.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is SUCH a good idea...to make Jesus a b-day cake. :) I'm definitely going to try to add this into our family traditions!!

Amy said...

I have been wanting to do one for the past few years, and finally just made the time to do it this year.:)