Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sharin' My Pot Pie Recipe Right Quick

I just made this tonight and thought I'd share the recipe that I had actually planned on posting for the Mommyfest potluck, but didn't get back on in time to.
I make it every now and then, as it's pretty quick and easy. I got it somewhere on the internet, but have tweaked it a little, as I do most recipes I find. One day I'm going to try a totally new way and change it to a beef version. I'll post it when I do. Or actually, if you have a good one, let me know!

Chicken Pot Pie
8-10 Chicken tenderloins cooked, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 can Cream of chicken and herb soup
1 can Cream of celery soup
1 150z can Veg-All
1/3 Cup of milk
2 Ready-made pie crusts, room temp.
1 Egg
1 9 in. glass pie dish

Preheat oven to 375.
In a large bowl mix the first five ingredients together.
Press first pie crust evenly into the bottom and sides of dish.
Pour mixture into dish, spreading evenly.
Place second pie crust over top, lightly score the center, and pinch edges together with the bottom crust. (I fold over the edges first all around rather than cutting off the excess.)
Beat one egg in a small bowl, brush it evenly over the top crust (don't forget the edges).
Place dish on a cookie sheet or shallow pan, bake 45min.-1hr., depending on your oven.
You may need to cover loosely with foil if the top is browning too much too quickly.
Allow to cool at least 10min. before cutting.

The egg wash gives it an awesome top crust.














1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks REALLY good! Jeremy is so picky(I am sure you remember)I would never get away with making that. Maybe I could eat it and just fix him something else..haha!