Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Has Come And Gone, How Sad

Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for, I wish I had time to list them all. I am really so thankful we are not in the same place we were this time last year. But, we're not looking back, and are hoping to improve even more on that next year.

We had a good day with the family, but to be honest, I really didn't enjoy as much as I'd like to have. Because Kevin had to work tonight (he works 7 on, 7 off, so no holidays off), the whole day was pretty rushed. I had to rush around to get everything ready to leave, then, of course, every one's in a hurry to get all the food ready, then we didn't get to stay all that long so Kevin could get back for work. I had to take dessert with us along with the left overs. I did try to take my time to enjoy eating the main meal, but we didn't have time to be there much later on when we all usually eat some more. Not that I even needed to be eating what I did the first time, but it's part of tradition. Even if a bad one.
The good thing, though, is everyone made it and we were all there for my mother in law. Ava didn't eat much of course, but she was busy having fun playing. The youngest there was 9, I think, but she didn't care. The food was all very good. Including one Irish potato casserole that I have to get the recipe for. I tried to look it up online, but couldn't find one with what seemed like the same ingredients. If anyone has a good one, please email me.
I am thankful for all God provides everyday of the year, but days like today are just a little extra gift. Even if they do wear you out, it's in a good way.

0 comments: