Thursday, October 16, 2008

PottyParty

Try to control your laughter...
Over this past weekend we celebrated Ava's official potty training achievement. We didn't do anything big, but I did make the cake I bribed promised her once she was doing it all in the potty and without me begging each time. It did not, however, turn out anything like I was planning. I ended up having to do the frog and kandoo a totally different way, which is why he looks like he had botox injections around the mouth and eyes. Then the piping I did around the whole thing did not work out because the tips for the squeeze tube icing kept popping off (that's also the reason for the terrible "ava" and "it").

But, Ava, of course, did not care and loved it anyway. She had to have candles on it, 5 to be exact, for some reason. We let her put it on her table and poke around on it all she wanted. I also got her a few balloons, which is one of her most favorite things.

Yes, she had just woke up as she looks. I finished the cake while she was napping.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cake! I think you did a great job on it. That is a really cute idea and I bet Ava just loved it. She looks so grown up in that picture...wow how time goes by so fast!

Jill said...

I LOVE it!!
That's a super cute idea... and pretty much everything that Tiff said.

She looks JUST like you!